BLEA MOOR - 7th July 1997|
156486 on the 17.47 Leeds-Carlisle. The surburban type "council house" which appears conspicuously out of place for its surroundings is in the process of being renovated. To this side of it once stood a row of two Midland cottages. With the fells of Park Fell (left), Souther Scales Fell and then Ingleborough in the background the remoteness of Blea Moor is evident with a mile walk to the nearest road - and pub! The original signal box, replaced in 1941 when up and down passing loops replaced lie-by sidings, was originally adjacent to the clump of trees on the right hand side of the line.
Photograph copyright © Kevin Law 2001 - all rights reserved